An Engaged Board is Your Nonprofit’s Most Valuable Resource.
Here’s What it Takes to Build a Better Board Today!
As the guiding force of your nonprofit organization, it is critical that your board is engaged and well-informed. Board members also have key legal responsibilities for the nonprofits they lead. Pro Bono Partnership’s bespoke board trainings give board members the tools they need to better understand their legal obligations and their leadership and stewardship responsibilities so that their nonprofits are more effective, forward-thinking, and sustainable.
Pro Bono Partnership attorneys work directly with your organization to develop training that responds to the concerns of your board. Trainings can be designed for a nonprofit at any growth stage, from start-ups to established organizations that need to address specific governance issues or engage in strategic planning.
Key topics addressed in board trainings may include:
- Board members’ fiduciary and legal duties to the organization
- How to make effective and informed decisions on behalf of the organization
- Maintaining good corporate records and properly documenting decisions
- Common legal issues that tax-exempt organizations can face
- The importance of inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility, and belonging
- The difference between “good governance” and “good management”
There are limited opportunities for board trainings throughout the year, so please contact the Pro Bono Partnership office near you to discuss possibilities and timing. Note that there is a $1,500 non-refundable fee for customized board training.